Autism, is a pervasive development disorder (PDD), a group of illnesses that involve delays in the development of many basic skills, most notably the ability to socialize or form relationships with others as well as the ability to communicate and to use imagination (including fantasy play). Children with these disorders often are confused in their thinking and generally have problems understanding the world around them.
In addition to problems with social interaction, imagination and communication, children with autism also have a limited range of interests. Many children with autism (nearly 75%) also have mental retardation. In many cases, children with autism are unable to emotionally bond with their parents or other family members.
What Are the Symptoms of Autism?
Symptoms typically appear before a child is 3 years old and last throughout life. Children with autism can display a wide range of symptoms, which can vary in severity from mild to disabling. General symptoms that may be present to some degree in a child with autism include:
- Difficulty with verbal communication, including problems using and understanding language.
- Inability to participate in a conversation, even when the child has the ability to speak.
- Difficulty with non-verbal communication, such as gestures and facial expressions.
- Difficulty with social interaction, including relating to people and to his or her surroundings.
- Inability to make friends and preferring to play alone.
- Unusual ways of playing with toys and other objects, such as only lining them up a certain way.
- Lack of imagination.
- Difficulty adjusting to changes in routine or familiar surroundings, or an unreasonable insistence on following routines in detail.
- Repetitive body movements or patterns of behavior, such as hand flapping, spinning and head banging.
- Preoccupation with unusual objects or parts of objects.
People with a form of autism, called savantism, have exceptional skills in specific areas such as music, art and numbers. People with savantism are able to perform these skills without lessons or practice.
CHILD AUTISM HERBS
Autism (say: aw-tih-zum) causes kids to experience the world differently from the way most other kids do. It's hard for kids with autism to talk with other people and express themselves using words....
ACUPUNCTURE HERBS AUTISM
Autism is a brain disorder that often interferes with a person's ability to communicate with and relate to others.....
AUTISM HERBAL CURE TREATMENT
Signs of autism almost always develop before a child is 3 years old, although the condition is sometimes not diagnosed until later...
AUTISTIC ACUPUNCTURE TREATMENT
Autism also affects how a child perceives and processes sensory information.The severity of autism varies.Some individuals need assistance in almost all aspects of their daily lives, while others are able to function at a very high level and can even attend school in a regular classroom....
AUTISM HERBAL CURE
Isolated in worlds of their own, people with autism appear indifferent and remote and are unable to form emotional bonds with others...
HERBS CURE FOR AUTISM
Children with autism do not follow the typical patterns of child development. In some children, hints of future problems may be apparent from birth...