Alzheimer disease (AD) is the most common cause of dementia in industrialized nations. Dementia is a brain disorder that interferes with a person’s ability to carry out everyday activities.
- The brain of a person with Alzheimer disease has abnormal areas containing clumps (senile plaques) and bundles (neurofibrillary tangles) of abnormal proteins. These clumps and tangles destroy connections between brain cells.
- This usually affects the parts of the brain that control cognitive (intellectual) functions such as thought, memory, and language.
- Levels of certain chemicals that carry messages around the brain (neurotransmitters) are low.
- The resulting losses in intellectual ability are called dementia when they are severe enough to interfere with everyday functioning.
Alzheimer disease affects mainly people aged 60 years or older.
- The risk of developing Alzheimer disease continues to increase with age. People aged 80 years, for example, have a significantly greater risk than people aged 65 years.
- About 5 million people in the United States and more than 30 million people worldwide have Alzheimer disease. Many others have mild, or minimal, cognitive impairment, which frequently precedes dementia.
- The number of people with Alzheimer disease is expected to rise substantially in the next few decades because of the aging of the population.
- The disease affects all races and ethnic groups.
- It seems to affect more women than men.
Because of this, Alzheimer disease is considered a major public health problem.
That cost doesn’t take into account the loss of quality of life for the affected person, nor the physical and emotional toll on family caregivers.
- The cost of caring for people with the disease is estimated at over $100 billion per year in the United States. The average yearly cost per affected person is $20,000 to $40,000, depending on the severity of the disease.
CHILD ACUPUNCTURE FOR ALZHEIMERS
In the meantime, caring for someone with Alzheimer's takes patience and a focus on the things a person can still do and enjoy. Those with Alzheimer's — as well as those who care for them — need support and affection from friends and family to cope...
CANCER HERBS TREATMENT ALZHEIMERS
Alzheimer's disease is the most
common type of dementia, affecting over half of all dementia sufferers.Azheimer's disease is caused by a
loss of brain cells, probably related to an imbalance in the chemical
messengers (neurotransmitters) in the brain the shortage of Qi flow in the brain..
TREATMENT FOR ALZHEIMERS
Over time, their mental abilities
deteriorate, gradually progressing through forgetting important matters,
getting confused about where they are and what day it is, to becoming
lethargic and withdrawn and starting to neglect personal hygiene....
STROKE HERBS ALZHEIMER TREATMENT CURE
The sufferer may tend to dwell in the past and mistake friends and neighbours for long-departed family members. Conversation may become repetitive and the personality may alter as people develop odd or uncharacteristic behaviours...
Malaysia Acupuncture News: THE STAR
“If patients have a phobia of needles, they can be treated with herbs alone but it depends on the problem. For example, for stroke and cerebral palsy, I have to use needles,”said Leong Hong Tole, one of the well-known acupuncturist and herbalist in Malaysia.
Alzheimer Treatment - Email HERE!